Best Research Articles
Best Research Articles Published in Agricultural Economics Research Review
Volume 30, (2017)
- 1st Prize: S.K. Srivastava for the paper on ‘Tracking Transition in Calorie-Intake among Indian Households: Insights and Policy Implications’.
- 2nd Prize: Jaya Jumrani for her paper on ‘Inter-temporal and Spatial Changes in Nutritional Insecurity in India’.
Volume 29, (2016)
- 1st Prize: Avinash Kishore, (Pratap S Birthal), (P K Joshi), Tushaar Shah and Abhishek Saini. Patterns and Drivers of Dairy Development in India: Insights from Analysis of Household and District-level Data.
- 2nd Prize: Surya Bhushan. TFP Growth of Wheat and Paddy in Post-Green Revolution Era in India: Parametric and Non-Parametric Analysis.
( ) not eligible for award as per guidelines
Volume 28, (2015)
- 1st Prize: (Seema Bathla), Parmita Bhattacharya and Alwin D’Sousa, India’s national food security act : food distribution through RPDS or food stamps and cash transfers.
- 2nd Prize: Banti Debnath, (M Krishnan), Vishwajit Debnatha, Ananthan PS, Aprita Sharma and Rama Sharma, Gender perspectives in adoption of technological practices by fishers and fish farmers in Tripura
( ) not eligible for award as per guidelines
Volume 27, (2014)
- 1st Prize: Seema Bathla for her paper “Public and Private Capital Formation and Agricultural Growth in India : State Level Analysis of Inter-linkages during Pre- and Post-reform Periods” published in Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 27(1) (2014) pp. 19-36.
- 2nd Prize: Yammanuru Phani Gayatri and Monish Jose for their paper “Emission Taxes as a GHG Mitigation Mechanism in Agriculture: Effects on Rice Production in India”, published in Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 27 (2) (2014) pp. 157-165.
Volume 26, (2013)
- 1st Prize: R. Senthil, Amit Kar, VC Mathur and GK Jha, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 26(1) (2013) pp.41-54.
- 2nd Prize: SC Babu, PK Joshi, CJ Glendenning, K Asenso-Okyere and Rasheed Sulaiman, “Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol 26 (2) (2013) pp. 159-172..
Volume 25, (2012)
- 1st Prize: Ramesh Chand, P Kumar and S Kumar for their paper, ‘Total factor productivity and returns to public investment on agricultural research in India’, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 25(2) (2012) pp. 181-194.
- 2nd Prize: PS Birthal, SN Nigam, AV Narayanan and KA Kareem for their articles “Potential economic benefits from adoption of improved drought-tolerance groundnut in India, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol 25 (1) (2012) pp. 1-14.
- Jointly with: K Palanisami, RPS Malik and K Mohan for their articles “Are we over estimating irrigation subsidies in multipurpose water resources projects in India- methodological issues and evidence,” Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol 25 (1) (2012) pp. 15-24.
Volume 24, (2011)
- 1st Prize: Praduman Kumar, Anjani Kumar, Shinoj Parappurathu and S.S. Raju, ‘Estimation of Demand Elasticity for Food Commodities in India’, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 24(No.1)(2011) pp. 1-14.
- 2nd Prize: Khong Tien Dung, Zenaida M. Sunalde, Valerien O. Pede, Justin D. McKinley, Yalanda T. Garcia and Amelica L. Bello, ‘Technical Efficiency of Resource-Conserving, Technologies in Rice-Wheat System: The Case of Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol 24 (No. 2) (2011) pp. 201-210.
Volume 23, (2010)
- 1st Prize: A. K. Dikshit and Pratap S. Birthal , ‘Environmental Value of Draught Animals: Saving of Fossil-fuel and Prevention of Greenhouse Gas Emission’, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 23(No.2)(2010) pp. 227-232.
- 2nd Prize: Praduman Kumar, P. Shinoj, S. S. Raju, Anjani Kumar, Karl M. Rich and Siwa Msangi , ‘Factor Demand, Output Supply Elasticities and Supply Projections for Major Crops of India’, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol 23 (No. 1) (2010) pp. 1-14.
Volume 22, (2009)
- 1st Prize: S.K. Srivastava, Ranjit Kumar and R.P. Singh, “Extent of Groundwater Extraction and Irrigation Efficiency on Farms under Different Water-market Regimes in Central Uttar Pradesh,”, AERR Vol 22(1), 2009, pp 87-97.
- 2nd Prize: K. Palanisami, D. Suresh Kumar, S. P. Wani and Mark Giordanor, “Evaluation of Watershed Development Programmes in India Using Economic Surplus Method”, Vol 22(2),2009, pp 197-207.
Volume 21, (2008)
- 1st Prize: B.Ganesh Kumar, P.K.Joshi, K.K.Datta and S.B.Singh, “An Assessment of Economic Losses due to Avian Flu in Manipur State”, AERR Vol 21(1), 2008, pp 37-47.
- 2nd Prize: Harbir Singh, Prasoon Mathur and Suresh Pal, “Indian Seed System Development: Policy and Institutional Options”, Vol 21(1), 2008, pp 20-29.
Volume 20, (2007)
- 1st Prize: Dalbir Singh, “Who Gains and Who Loses in the Game of Ground Water Market in Water Scarce Region”, AERR Vol. 20(2), 2007, pp. 345-360.
- 2nd Prize: Manik Lal Bose and Madan Mohan Dey, “Food and Nutritional Security in Bangladesh: Going beyond Carbohydrate Counts”, AERR Vol 20(2), 2007, pp 203-226.
Volume 19, (2006)
- 1st Prize: P.K. Joshi, Laxmi Joshi and Pratap S. Birthal, “Diversification and its Impact on Smallholders: Evidence from a Study on Vegetable Production Vol. 19(2) 2006 pp. 219-236
- 2nd Prize: Praduman Kumar, Madan M. Dey and Ferdinand J. Paraguas, “Fish Supply Projections by Production Environments and Species Types in India; Vol. 19(2) 2006 pp. 327-351.
Volume 18, (2005)
- 1st Prize: Mruthyunjaya, Sant Kumar, M.T. Rajashekarappa, L.M. Pandey, S.V. Ramana Rao and Prem Narayan, “Efficiency in Indian Edible Oilseed Sector: Analysis and Implications”, Vol. 18 (2), 2005, pp. 153-166.
- 2nd Prize: Praduman Kumar, Madan M. Dey and Ferdinand J. Paraguas, “Demand for Fish by Species in India: Three Stage Budgeting Framework”, Vol. 18 (2), 2005, pp. 167-186.